Indian Head massage, also known as Champissage, originated in India from the alternative medicine system called Ayurveda (‘the science of life’). It underpins the idea that the mind and body are inextricably linked and can therefore influence one another.
Massage is applied to pressure points on the upper body and those areas which are particularly vulnerable to stress and poor posture. Tension accumulates in the head, back, shoulders, and neck. Massaging these areas helps to reduce stress, fatigue, eyestrain, headaches, insomnia, increase mental clarity, relaxes and rejuvenates the receiver. It’s effects are felt throughout the mind and body and can improve mental and emotional wellness.
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour All-Over Miracle oil is the medium (massage oil) used for this treatemnt. A potent blend of moisturising ingredients, including Tsubaki Oil, combine to deliver intensive all-over moisture for face, body and hair. This light floral fragrance further promotes a sense of well-being. Benefits of this medium are –
- Hydrates dry, rough skin
- Soothes irritated skin
- Protects against free radical damage
- Adds shine to dry, dull hair
- Moisturises post-shave
- Boosts skin’s natural collages
More Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Skin – improves skin tone and elasticity
- Hair – increases circulation to the scalp improving hair condition and promoting hair growth
- Eyes – relaxes and soothes tense and tired eyes
- Skeletal system – helps increase joint mobility and flexibility in the upper body thereby improving posture and reduces tension throughout the body
- Muscular system – improved circulation helps remove waste particularly lactic acid, from muscles reducing aches and soreness. Reduces tension, sinusitis and congestion.
- Circulatory system – improves circulation, improving the delivery of nutrients and oxygen and speeding up the removal of wastes and toxins, lowers blood pressure
- Lymphatic system – improves lymphatic circulation thereby speeds up removal of excess fluid and waste, reducing swelling
- Nervous system – reduces effects of stress thus facilitating sleep, reduces anxiety, slows down heart rate, improves breathing, releases physical and mental tension, promotes feelings of calm and well-being